- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use the Language & Luxury Services.
- Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when we process payments.
- Communications with Language & Luxury and other Clients. When you communicate with Language & Luxury, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Language & Luxury Services.
When you use the Language & Luxury Services, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Language & Luxury Services, such as the pages or other content you view, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Language & Luxury Services.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Language & Luxury Services, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Language & Luxury Services. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Language & Luxury Services (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Language & Luxury Services.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Language & Luxury Services, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Language & Luxury Services, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Language & Luxury Services.
- Enable you to access and use the Language & Luxury Services.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Language & Luxury Services and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Process payments.
- Provide customer service.
- Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Clients and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
- Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about Language & Luxury or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Language & Luxury or its third party business partners.
- SHARING & DISCLOSURE
To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information with others as follows. When you as a Client submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Accommodations, including your full name, the full name of any additional guests, your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number.
- Service Providers.
- Language & Luxury Payments.
Language & Luxury may share your personal information to: (i) provide the payment services, (ii) facilitate your use of the Language & Luxury Services, and (iii) jointly market products or services to you with other financial third parties with whom Language & Luxury has a formal agreement. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving such marketing communications by emailing us.
- Safety and Compliance with Law.
Language & Luxury may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Language & Luxury, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our Clients to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Clients, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Language & Luxury, its employees, its Clients, or Clients of the public.
We will attempt to notify Clients about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Language & Luxury’s property, its Clients and the Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Client about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
- Business Transfers.
- Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our Clients that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual Client) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Language & Luxury Services may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Language & Luxury doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Language & Luxury, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
- OPERATING GLOBALLY
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.